Contains of Sperm Frozen for 20 Years



The husband and wife of John Powell and Chanphen'm happy expecting their baby. Uniquely, the baby who is now aged 23 weeks derived from sperm cells that had been frozen for 20 years.

John Powell, now 52, ​​decided to take precautionary measures to freeze his sperm before undergoing treatment for testicular cancer in 1991. Men who work as police and then underwent a bone marrow transplant and chemotherapy one year later. Treatments that made him unable to have children naturally.

Later, he divorced his wife. So never thought it would require more sperm.

But, three years ago, while traveling to Bangkok, he met Chanphen, now 36. Both were then married and wish to have children. Given the state of her husband, Chanpen agreed to undergo an IVF procedure using frozen sperm of her husband. Despite the slim chances of success are reminded, artificial conception successfully and is now a female fetus growing in her womb.

John, who lives in Orpington, Southeast London, and retire next week saying, "If I did not make the decision to store my sperm, I would never have children."

"Whereas in 1991, just before undergoing cancer treatment, I thought I should come to the clinic as a precaution. I am so thankful I did it," he told The Sun.

He continued, "When I met Chanphen and say it, he would live it with frozen sperm. We were lucky to make it."

His wife, Chanphen recalled, "It's scary at first, but because I love my husband, I want to give it a chance. I do not want to forget the opportunities it (having children) without trying. When I found out I was pregnant, I was so happy," he said.

Although, artificial insemination with sperm that had been frozen for decades big risk is not successful, Chanpen said that luck had a chance to make the couple into a pair of parents. "We are very lucky."

0 komentar:

 
Copyright © 2010 Our Life Style, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Published by Seo Template Blogger